Your home is a reflection of your personality. From the furniture to the flooring, every little detail speaks volumes about your personal style. At Oak and Broad, we always love having our clients discuss their aesthetic vision with us so we can pull together our resources to make it all a reality.
If you’ve got a wide plank flooring design in your mind, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! From initial consultancy to the final installation process, we can help you with every aspect of residential flooring.
Here are some of our favorite design themes that help bring hardwood floors to life!
Style 1: Classic Country
- A spaced inspired by America’s countryside has got to have colorful rugs and carpets. Feel free to add braided or shaggy rugs to your bedroom or lounge area.
- For a vintage look, your hardwood flooring should feature wide planks. Solid wide white oak planks are usually the best option. You can customize the floor stain or paint it a color of your choice.
- To incorporate antique furniture in your bedroom, you can opt for a poster bed with a lacey canopy. White oak panels across the bed would lend it a warm appeal. You can add side tables with gold, brass or bronze based lamps with pale shades.
- A small library or study area with a rocking chair can add more warmth to your country-style home.
Style 2: Modern Chic
- Matte finish hardwood floors will look great with pale furniture. You can add color to the room by incorporating colorful, patterned rugs and floor cushions.
- If you’re using this theme for your bedroom, you can opt for an iron frame in light pinks, greens or blues. However, the color depends entirely on you and the shade of your hardwood flooring.
- Paintings are a must in contemporary-styled homes. You can choose to go with large, wall-covering pieces that contrast with your floor or dot the walls with several miniature ones that complement the furniture.
Style 3: Sleek Minimalism
- Hardwood floors with rich colors and high-gloss finishing work best with this theme. Have a look at our wide plank black walnut range here.
- With rich colors like that of the black walnut, it’s better if you leave it bare and uncluttered. Avoid shaggy rugs.
- Your furniture can be of any color, although the design should be clean and minimal. You can add in a pop of color by adding bright colored sheets or pillows to the overall set.
Looking for more design tips? Get in touch with our hardwood flooring specialists and unlock our wide range of services today!